Already licensed in Minnesota?
Getting a Wisconsin License is easy!
- you currently hold an active license in a state other than Wisconsin; or
- your license held in another state expired no more than two years ago.
To obtain a salesperson or broker license (for applicants who have been licensed in another state within the past two years):
- Salespersons AND brokers must complete our board-approved 13-hour pre-license education program. (Brokers must complete an additional six hours of education.)
- Pass the salesperson exam. (Brokers must complete the salesperson exam AND the broker exam.)
- Submit an application.
- Wisconsin Licensing Legislation and Rules
- Ownership and Transfer of Property
- Land Use Controls and Regulations
- Valuing and Financing Property; Calculations
- Contract Law and Approved Forms
- Business Ethics
- Fair Housing
- Federal Antitrust LawTrust Accounts, Responsibilities, and Leasing
13 hour MN to WI salesperson license course: $200
6 hour MN to WI broker license course: $100
The courses are approved by the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services. The state exam is administered by PSI Exams. A copy of your out-of-state license must be submitted with the Wisconsin license application.
This course is approved by the Minnesota Commissioner of Commerce for 7.5 hours of real estate continuing education.